There will be a General Election in 2024.
If you’re a student, a parent of a student or you're just a supporter, pledge to support students' priorities today!
We are students, and we have a vision for a better future.
It is a vision of radical, bold change that prioritises quality of life and protecting our planet.
Right now students are stuck in a cycle of crises: mental health, cost of living, spiralling rents, chronic underfunding causing constant strikes.
We're barely surviving, never mind thriving:
- The average student has 50p to live off per week after rent
- 65% of students are cutting back on food because they can’t afford to eat
- 46% of students’ mental health has worsened since September 2023
That's why we've created the Manifesto for our Future. Our Manifesto is the result of consultation with more than 10,000 students and apprentices across the UK.
This is students at more than 500 universities, colleges and training providers across the UK talking with one voice.
The Manifesto for our Future makes five key asks for the next government:
- In the first 100 days: Break the student crisis cycle: Lift every student in the UK out of poverty and give us all hope for the future.
- Invest in a thriving future, invest in education: Education that is free at the point of use and funded sustainably and publicly.
- Homes for our futures: Quality, green and affordable housing for all.
- A welcoming and inclusive future: The UK should be an amazing place for international students to work and study.
- A healthy future: High-quality healthcare available for free for every single person in the UK.
You can read more about the Manifesto for our Future here: www.whatstudentsthink.org.uk
Will you support the Manifesto for our Future? Put your name down today.
As well as pledging your support, you can also write to your MP: