Complaints about your institution

The National Union of Students does not handle complaints against educational inductions and cannot represent individual students. 
If you have a complaint against your institution, we would suggest getting in touch with your local students’ union at your place of study, so they are aware of the issue and can provide support. Then you will need to raise the complaint internally to your place of study. Most will have a complaints page or process that is easy to find online. We say this as most external organisations will not get involved until your place of study has had an opportunity to address the issue. If you then wanted to raise your complaint further, you have every right to do so. Below are some organisations that do oversee complaints from students.  

Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) 
The OIA looks at individual complaints from students in England and Wales.
OfS considers concerns about quality and standards at publicly funded higher education providers in England and Northern Ireland. 
QAA safeguards standards and improves the quality of UK higher education wherever it is delivered around the world.
Complaints about a further education college or apprenticeship.
The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public service organisations in Scotland.
The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales has legal powers to look into complaints about public services and independent care providers in Wales.
The Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman investigates complaints about possible maladministration in the delivery of public services.
Citizens Advice provides some information about how to get free legal advice should you need it.