Work for us
Working with students in their unions and wider communities is often demanding, but you get to work with one of the country’s most exciting demographics in an incredibly dynamic environment.
NUS strives to make our community a welcoming, caring and enthusiastic one, fuelling ambition with opportunities and support to help us all achieve our personal and professional goals.
We offer a top benefits package that includes the following features:
Generous annual leave allowance, including Christmas/New Year closure
- 27 days holiday (plus 1 extra day each year to a maximum of 30) plus 4 days over the Christmas period as well as public holidays
Pension scheme membership to provide benefits for you and your family
- A generous pension scheme (employer matched up to a maximum of 6% of basic salary)
Tax relief on your childcare
- Childcare voucher scheme with a further childcare allowance to support parents
Season ticket loans for public transport
Staff discounts on a range of services
We care deeply about your career and personal development. You’ll benefit from:
- a structured induction programme for NUS newcomers, to make you feel welcome and part of our team.
- an annual performance and development review, to help identify your career aspirations and structure your individual development plan;
- access to a programme of both internal/external courses for all career stages;
- mentoring opportunities to support your career development;
- diverse job opportunities, giving you great flexibility in choosing a career path to suit your changing interests and ambitions.
Should you have family/caring responsibilities, we have a whole package of family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, additional paid maternity and paternity leave, and leave for family emergencies.
Here are the latest opportunities...
Please note that we do not accept pdfs, or CVs.
Application forms should be returned to: email@example.com
IT Analyst (Apprentice)
Living Wage at £8.45 per hour or £15,379 per annum
Head of Quality
(Macclesfield / London,
£45,305 (+ £3299 if based in London)
Director of Student Voice and Democracy
£71,260 - £91,620 (+£3,405 ILW)
Director of Marketing and Communications
£71,260 - £91,620 (+£3,405 if based in London)
Head of Marketing
£46,120 (+£3,405 if based in London)
Campaigns and Engagement Manager
Communications and Influencing Officer
NUS Services Careers