Build a career somewhere that knows different is good.
We’re looking for talented professionals who are looking for something different to support our student leaders. In our organisation, we know that different is good: the more diversity, the better the ideas, the greater the impact.
If you thrive on diversity, variety, challenge, and creativity is your thing, work somewhere professional, but different.
Our professional team support elected student leaders so as they make change, improve lives and fulfil potential, we help make it happen. And with more than more than 550 member students’ unions across the country, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re committed to taking our national movement from strength to strength.
At NUS we strive to make our community a welcoming, caring and enthusiastic one, fuelling ambition with opportunities and support to help us all achieve our personal and professional goals. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their gender, gender identity, marital/civil partnership status, race, sexual orientation, disability including mental health, age, religion or belief or any other dimension of diversity. We want to support inclusive work environments and are working to integrate Race Equity and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) into the everyday culture and activity of the organisation. We are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a top benefits package that includes the following features:
- 27 days holiday (plus 1 extra day each year to a maximum of 30) plus 4 days over the Christmas period as well as public holidays
- Pension scheme membership to provide benefits for you and your family
- A generous pension scheme (employer matched up to a maximum of 6% of basic salary)
- Season ticket loans for public transport
- Staff discounts on a range of services
We care deeply about your career and personal development. You’ll benefit from:
- a structured induction programme for NUS newcomers, to make you feel welcome and part of our team
- an annual performance and development review, to help identify your career aspirations and structure your individual development plan
- access to a programme of both internal/external courses for all career stages
- mentoring opportunities to support your career development
- diverse job opportunities, giving you great flexibility in choosing a career path to suit your changing interests and ambitions.
Should you have family/caring responsibilities, we have a whole package of family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, additional paid maternity and paternity leave, and leave for family emergencies