Getting the constitution approved

The principal of the college is answerable on matters of general policy to the Board of Governors. You will need to submit your constitution to them for approval. This should be a formality.  

If you are setting up a new union

If you are setting up a new union, then present a covering paper giving details of what the role of the students’ union will be and how it will benefit the college, along with any agreement or proposals on funding.

Deal with the Clerk to the Corporation

The college registrar (or chief administrator) will tell you who is the Clerk to the Corporation.

Ask the clerk to put your document on the agenda and ask him/her to request that student representatives be allowed to present the case at the meeting (if a student governor is not the union president).