Are you a budding volunteer? Have you got mates at college or university who do some great volunteering, either in the community or in your students’ union?
If so we want your pictures.
Monday 11 – Saturday 16 February is Student Volunteering Week. We’re celebrating the amazing impact that students make to society and we want your help to showcase the awesome stuff that students do.
NUS and Student Hubs are aiming to gather 365 photographs - one for every day of the year - of students giving their time and energy to making a positive difference in the world around them.
You’re pictures will be available online and we’ll create an e-book to display them all. You can see the current entries on our flikr gallery.
Plus if that’s not enough if your photo is judged to be the best display of student volunteering you’ll win a day with a photographer to help you create professional images showcasing your volunteering or charity work. If your image is of volunteering overseas we will ask you to nominate a charity of your choice to receive the prize in the UK.
To submit your photos you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Institution you’re studying at
- Email and phone number
- Short description (no more than a couple of sentences) of what your photo shows
- The picture must be of high resolution (300dpi minimum)
To be eligible for the prize the following criteria apply:
- The photograph must be of a student volunteering activity, either taken in the UK or internationally.
- A current FE or HE student studying during SVW 2013 or a student volunteering centre must submit the photograph.
- The photograph must to be student’s own work or the student must have permission to submit the photo from the photographer.
The deadline to get your pictures in is Tuesday 19 February.