As part of Student Volunteering Week, which takes place between 24 February - 2 March, we've teamed up with Barnardo's.
Currently, 3499 of Barnardo’s volunteers are aged 21 and under, many of whom are students making a vital contribution to Barnardo's work. From this figure, the greatest proportion work in our charity retail sector, with 101 registered as university students.
Karen Sparkes, Head of Volunteering at Barnardo’s says: “Our student volunteers provide an essential service to the charity. Volunteering gives students the opportunity to develop skills, gain work experience and give something back to their community. In real employment terms, having this experience can make their CV stand out when it comes to applications. So students, communities and Barnardo’s all benefit.
Key Facts about Barnardo’s Volunteering
- Currently, Barnardo’s has a total of 15,000 volunteers
- Retail has 10,000 volunteers. There are 101 university students in retail
- Fundraising have 1,600 volunteers. Of this group, 49 are under 29
- Children’s Services have 3,300 volunteers in total, 1,384 of whom are under 29 and many of whom are students
- There are 100 office based volunteers