Planning a party? Check out our low and non-alcoholic cocktail recipes to throw into the mix. With each recipe containing no more alcohol than a standard drink, these cocktails are guaranteed to keep you feeling great the morning after!
- A bottle of lemon-lime flavoured fizzy drink
- 1 dash of grenadine syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry
Pour the soda and grenadine over some ice. Add your cherry, a straw and a cocktail umbrella to finish it off!
Virgin Berry Daiquiri
- A handful of frozen berries (you can buy packets in supermarkets!)
- A cup of ice
- A bottle of lemonade/soda water
- A dash of grenadine syrup
Pour all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice depending on your taste.
- A bottle of soda water
- A handful of mint leaves
- The juice of one lime
- Lime slices for garnish
- Sugar for taste
Mix together the soda water, mint leaves and lime juice. Add sugar for taste and then garnish with a slice of lime.
- 50ml of white peach puree
- 100ml of Prosecco
Mix together in a champagne flute. Delicious!
- 100ml of chilled champagne/prosecco
- 2-3cl white chocolate syrup
Mix the champagne and chocolate syrup in a champagne flute. Serve with skewered strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar. What a combination!
Apple and Almond Saketini
- 4 cl apple juice
- 2 cl sour apple liqueur
- 1 cl orgeat syrup
- 4 cl sake
Shake it up and serve in a Martini glass. Garnish with a slice of apple. Sake has less alcohol than popular belief which dramatically reduces the strength of this drink.
Here are some more simple tips to help your guests enjoy the party without putting themselves or others at risk of harm or feeling death warmed up the day after.
- Always offer water and alcohol free alternatives
- Serve food – it really helps to soak up the alcohol (check out our recipes for meals under a fiver!)
- If people have had a bit too much to drink, encourage them to have a soft drink
- Keep an eye out for people and make sure they don’t get into trouble.
- Have taxi phone numbers available.