When it gets to the day when you move in there’s a few useful things to remember.
- Take photos of everything when you arrive; things may have changed since the last time you looked around the property
- Check whether repairs / refurbishments / replacements that were promised have been completed
- Check your electricity and gas meters and record the readings and who your suppliers are
- Make sure utility bills are in your name and that there are no outstanding issues.
- Ensure you have keys for all locks (windows, doors, cabinets etc), and spares if necessary
- Move the essentials in first – you can probably live without posters, pictures and plants for longer than you can without a kettle, some food and bedding!
- You may also want to sort out additional features, such as arranging for broadband or digital television